My annoyance knows no bounds

I've just discovered that due to me not being in Borders on Oxford Street last Thursday[1] I missed Thea Gilmore doing a gig in a bookstore with Neil Gaiman in the audience. The good news is that I have a new ambition in life. The bad news is I wasn't there.

I've not yet got Harpo's Ghost[2] so will not review it here, except to say that you need a copy. Actually you need five copies; one for home, one for the office, one to give to a close friend, one in case a family member "borrows" one and one for when your lover walks out and takes a copy with them.

When I've got it, I will no doubt rave about it without the faint hint of uncertainty in the above endorsement that this time an unbroken run of genius has been marred by a creation that is only excellent. Although I promise only to do that in the pub, not on the internet, you lucky dogs.

Actually this post is really to get that obituary my brother sent off the top. I mean, really, what possessed me to post that?

[1] Like I was Monday two weeks ago.
[2] I leave it to you to find out if this is a Gaiman book or a Gilmore record (or vice versa, or a collaboration)

Popular Posts