Friday Five for feeling Urgh

Song: When I'm down, sometimes I listen to Hold On by Wilson Phillips. It talks to me on a level that I don't blog about. (Sometimes I listen to Dead Souls by Joy Division, which also talks to me in a way that I'm not blogging about).

Book: When I feel like reading something of real interest I pick up anything by Lois McMaster Bujold, but especially Mirror Dance. On the other hand, if I feel like losing myself in another world, I pick up anything by Lois McMaster Bujold, but especially The Curse of Chalion.

Film: When I'm bored sometimes I put on the sequence from The Matrix Reloaded beginning with the Watchmaker being broken out ending with the end of the Freeway. Even though it's robbed of all suspense, and indeed meaning. Which is among the points the films make. Other times I watch The Princess Bride and lose myself in it's playful joy. Or is that it's joyful play?

Food: When I fancy eating but don't want to spend ages cooking, I quite often make a Spanish style omlette; potatoes, onion, peppers, garlic and (when we have too many) a preserved lemon fried up; lots of egg poured over, then sprinkled with cheese and grilled. Other times I just make Cheese on Toast.

Wild Card: When I'm looking for something different I look at WarrenEllis.com until this kind of thing happens. Or maybe I go look at Bruce Schneier's blog for all the news on security, cryptography and squids.

Popular Posts