The Joke

I heard this joke in the pub on Saturday. It has got a mixed reception from the usual audience (teenagers).

A man is driving down the motorway when his car conks out. He pulls onto the hard shoulder and calls the AA. Unfortunately there are a lot of stranded motorists so it will be at least 3 hours until someone can get out to help him. The man tries to flag down several cars, and eventually one stops. He has the following conversation with the driver:

"Hi mate. can you do me a favour. My car's broken down and the AA can't get to me for three hours. The thing is I've got six monkeys in the back."
"Six monkeys?"
"Yeah. Look could you take the to the zoo for me. I'll give you a hundred quid."

The man thinks about it for a moment then agrees. They load the monkeys into the back of the car and he drives off.

The driver sits back to wait for the next couple of hours. Then he sees the car approaching in the opposite carriageway, still with six monkeys in the back. he's furious. He leaps out of his car, dashes across the motorway, vaults the central barrier and flags down the car again.

"What do you think you're doing?"
"What do you mean?"
"I gave you a hundred quid to take these monkeys to the zoo!"
"I did. We had a great time, and we've got thirty quid left so we're going to the pictures."

Comments

Popular Posts