Advent Ten: When the Snowman Brings the Snow

I can tell it's Christmas. How can I tell?

1. Mum is wearing her Christmas waistcoat[1].

2. Mum has put a wreath on the door that a. unbalances the door, so it tries to shut on you when you want it open and pushes back when you try to close it and b. blocks half the doorway and dumps snow down my collar when I push past it.

3. I'm already Sick of The Fairytale of New York.

4. I'm very far behind on my Christmas Advent countdown.



[1] Dad sometimes wears his Father Christmas hat, but he does that when he's doing things for the Christmas lights and that can be from November. So that's like the goose getting fat; an indication that you should be thinking about it and getting ready and maybe making a pudding, but not that it's here yet.

Comments

Popular Posts