365 Poems in 365 Days: Hate

This is number 209. My initial plan was to write a sonnet about hate. Then it morphed through failure and limped to a stupid conclusion. The form is... imperfect. So all in all, it's a failure and I hate it. No, actually it's mediocre and I'm okay about it, so here it is.

If there’s one thing that I’m sure I know
It’s what I’m doing is something I hate.
It doesn’t matter if I stay or go
I know the result will be far too late
Because I’m stupid I had never thought
To check in advance how we’d work the plan
So the inevitable failure caught
Us in this position from which we can
Find no way to escape this crazy trap
Without giving up something too precious -
One of us must fall into fearful gap
So the rest can get out in a wild rush.
The moral of the story, if there’s one:
Never tangle with a supervillain.

Comments

Popular Posts