365 Poems in 365 Days: Mystery Mentor

Michael Villefort, you make me so sad
When you trained me, it was to my detective skills we wanted to add
I didn’t realise my personality should also be bad
Should I brood over crimes until I run mad?
Or spend all night drinking and smoking with the lads?
Or have an affair with someone as old as my dad?
Surely these tortured investigators are a fad
Although I admit I treat feelings roughshod, like a cad.
But I’m happy because solving mysteries is rad!
Let’s not argue; I’ll visit you in a tad
After I finish my trip to Islamabad
(It’s the case of the missing tiger gonads)
Lacey Lee
PS I’ll bring back a carpet to replace that one you had.

Lacey Lee responds to her mentor. Is she being ironic using the word rad, or is she stuck in the 90s? Number 243.

Comments

Popular Posts