365 Poems in 365 Days: Introduction

Introduction
To an interview
Unexpected
In appearance

Number 250 is really an introduction to this fictionalised piece I wrote in class back in January. This was the in class piece on the topic of new starts. Other pieces based on this can be found here, here and finally here which also explains why this topic has turned into four poems eventually.

Reception looks more like a corporate office than a school. Maybe they always did and I just wasn't paying attention.

"Hello," I say to the woman at the desk. "Neil Willcox, here to see Jenny Anderson."

At her suggestion I take a seat. I wait just long enough to feel uncomfortable.

"Neil! Good to meet you." She has the Australian accent I heard on the phone, and a pink and black dress that none of the teachers I had at school would have worn.

Comments

Popular Posts